hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: questions about hbase tables operations
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 15:38:58 GMT
This questions belongs to the user mailing list btw.

I do not use Pig so I can't comment on it, but what will really do
with HBase is making it easy to do batch processing on HBase tables.
No live queries.

What do you want to do with the shell? The commands proposed there are
for admin purposes. What operations are you searching for?

J-D

2009/9/3 刘祥龙 <sallonchina@hotmail.com>:
> Hi, I want to make sure which tools can be used to query HBase tables, like HBase shell.
Is pig integrated with Hbase, so it can  support some query and other operations like create\write\append
to HBase tables.
> I found PIG6(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-6) tried to solve similar problems,
but I don't know when this new feature and more similar features will be released in new version
of pig.

> Also I want to be clear that how powerful of HBase shell. It seems that there are not
many operations, so if lots of data expected to store into HBase, does it can work effectively.
I am surveying on this problems. Does anyone can help me? Thanks a lot!