hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Trunk destabilized - Commit of HBASE-1822
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 20:28:59 GMT
Yes, looks good here now.

   - Andy

________________________________
From: Jonathan Gray <jlist@streamy.com>
To: hbase-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 12:24:31 PM
Subject: Re: Trunk destabilized - Commit of HBASE-1822

Shell fixed with HBASE-1848, MR SampleUploader fixed with HBASE-1850.

Passing in Hudson.

Woohoo

Andrew Purtell wrote:
> The shell is broken.
>
>    - Andy
>

> ________________________________

to family:qualifier notation.  It drops the mapred and rest packages completely, in favor
of the new mapreduce package and stargate.  Things like HStoreKey, RowResult, and BatchUpdate
are gone.

> The only remaining calls related to fam:qf notation are KeyValue.makeColumn(fam,qf) and
KeyValue.parseColumn(col) which takes a byte[] and splits it on the :.  If it's just family
it returns a single dimension only with the family in it, no :.  This switched a bit as to
how it worked, and it's used heavily in my adapting Thrift, Stargate, and Transactional/Indexed
to work and pass their tests after ripping out old API calls they were using.

> Those same contrib modules (should we move thrift to contrib?) really need a reworking
of some sort (stargate is probably fine, except some nastiness in tests), as they are heavily
tied to the old API and their new API compatibility was just a bolt on.