hbase-dev mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: ANN: hbase 0.20.0 Release Candidate 2 available for download
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 17:44:57 GMT
My reasoning is that RC2 has enough 'right' about it.  Its radically better
than our 0.19 offering, as is.

The benefit is that we have a week or two less of 0.19.x and that those who
only work with released software will get the new hbase earlier.

I'm anxious to get us over this 0.20.0 hump -- yes, it will have known
defects but every release we've made has had known defects? -- and to get
the latest documentation up on our site so noobs and those whose only
interaction with the project is via hbase.org -- the marjority? -- are
using, finding bugs, and asking questions about the new rather than the
old.  I'd also like to get the 0.21 hbase focus started.

HBASE-1794 is amusing but for a fact, replay has been broken for many
releases now.
HBASE-1780 is a problem in 0.19.x
HBASE-1784 is an issue, yeah, but looks like the hadoop install is missing
hadoop-4681?

St.Ack