hbase-dev mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: MAX_SEQ_ID_KEY in StoreFile
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 16:43:35 GMT
On each edit, a sequence id is incremented.  When edits are applied to the
commit log their sequence id is noted along with the entry.  When we flush,
the sequence id of the flushed edits are noted in the flush/store file.  The
regionserver will let go of commit logs (hlogs in hbase parlance) if all its
edits have been flushed to the filesystem.  It uses the sequence id figuring
when it can do this.  Sequence id is also used figuring which of a set of
flush/store files is the newer (the file denoted by the larger sequence id
will be newer) among other things.

Does this help?

St.Ack