hbase-dev mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: ANN: hbase 0.20.0 Release Candidate 1 available for download
Date Sat, 01 Aug 2009 16:26:56 GMT
Yes, its supposed to restart itself and check in with the master as though
it a new server (as J-D notes).

Do you have log from the incident?  Open an issue if its broke?

I see you flipped your vote from -1 to +1.  I think we should fix this
failed restart but in the scheme of things, IMO, I don't think it a
showstopper sufficient to sink the RC.  We can make a 0.20.1 to follow close
on 0.20.0 with fixes for the likes of this and for the documentation issue
noted by Lei Wang up on the list.

St.Ack