hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Gray <jl...@streamy.com>
Subject Re: real prefix filter
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 15:34:12 GMT
It should, perhaps, stop once you pass the prefix.  I actually thought
it did, but you and the code say otherwise.  Doing the early-out with a
Get is actually not possible, so this may be why it is not implemented
as such.

However, a Scan can take both a startRow and a stopRow.  So you can use
that to early-out instead.

Given that filters now work with Gets, you cannot actually implement the
early-out within the filter.  You'll have to use start/stop rows.  One
could argue a prefix filter may not make much sense on a Get (since you
must explicitly specify row), so if you'd like to raise that issue and
see if we could integrate an early-out in the filter, please file a JIRA.

JG