hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "Ding, Hui" <hui.d...@sap.com>
Subject RE: [LIKELY JUNK]HBase hackathon, 0.21 edition
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 17:59:00 GMT
Hi Ryan,

Not sure I get it, so this would be like a coding contest? Or just a
workshop to discuss varies branches of features for Hbase?
Anyhow it sounds very interesting!

Thx,
Hui

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Rawson [mailto:ryanobjc@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 6:29 PM
To: hbase-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: [LIKELY JUNK]HBase hackathon, 0.21 edition

Hi all,

Stumbleupon would like to host and sponsor a HBase hackathon for 0.21.
 Features, design, coding would be the idea. We are willing to sponsor
several days, perhaps a Friday-Sunday, including space (either at our
office in SF, or a location nearby), and food.

We need to get an idea of several things:
- How many people might come.
- When exactly.

The initial thoughts are either early August, 7-9th, or later like Aug
28-30th.  The 2 interior weekends in August I am out of town, so we'll
have to have a different day.

Obviously this would be a SF-based event. We would really like all
commiters to make it, so if you have any special needs, please let me
know.

Thanks!
-ryan