hbase-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "stack (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (HBASE-1603) MR failed "RetriesExhaustedException: Trying to contact region server Some server for region TestTable..."
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 19:53:14 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-1603?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12729795#action_12729795
] 

stack commented on HBASE-1603:
------------------------------

I committed this debugging patch.  Will help if we see this issue again.  Also had fix up
for when exceptions throw with messages that have binary data in it and some small javadoc
fixes.

> MR failed "RetriesExhaustedException: Trying to contact region server Some server for
region TestTable..."
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HBASE-1603
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-1603
>             Project: Hadoop HBase
>          Issue Type: Bug
>            Reporter: stack
>             Fix For: 0.20.0
>
>         Attachments: debugging-v4.patch
>
>
> Here is the master.  Region TestTable,\x00\x00\x06\x05\x01\x05\x07\x09\x08\x00,1246462685358
was split at 16:11:42,865.  My MR job failed at 18:12:26,462 with this:
> {code}
> 2009-07-01 18:12:26,462 WARN org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker: Error running child
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Trying to contact region server
Some server for region TestTable,�,1246464670313, row '��		', but failed after 10 attempts.
> Exceptions:
> ...
> {code}
> Why after ten attempts did the client not find the region?
> {code}
> 2009-07-01 16:11:42,865 [IPC Server handler 2 on 60001] INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.ServerManager:
Received MSG_REPORT_SPLIT: TestTable,\x00\x00\x06\x05\x01\x05\x07\x09\x08\x00,1246462685358:
Daughters; TestTable,\x00\x00\x06\x05\x01\x05\x07\x09\x08\x00,1246464670313, TestTable,\x00\x01\x01\x04\x04\x07\x02\x08\x08\x03,1246464670313
from aa0-000-15.u.powerset.com,60020,1246461673026; 1 of 3
> 2009-07-01 16:11:42,866 [IPC Server handler 2 on 60001] INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.RegionManager:
Assigning region TestTable,\x00\x00\x06\x05\x01\x05\x07\x09\x08\x00,1246464670313 to aa0-000-15.u.powerset.com,60020,1246461673026
> 2009-07-01 16:11:42,866 [IPC Server handler 2 on 60001] INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.RegionManager:
Assigning region TestTable,\x00\x01\x01\x04\x04\x07\x02\x08\x08\x03,1246464670313 to aa0-000-15.u.powerset.com,60020,1246461673026
> 2009-07-01 16:11:45,905 [IPC Server handler 8 on 60001] INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.ServerManager:
Received MSG_REPORT_PROCESS_OPEN: TestTable,\x00\x01\x01\x04\x04\x07\x02\x08\x08\x03,1246464670313
from aa0-000-15.u.powerset.com,60020,1246461673026; 1 of 3
> 2009-07-01 16:11:45,905 [IPC Server handler 8 on 60001] INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.ServerManager:
Received MSG_REPORT_OPEN: TestTable,\x00\x00\x06\x05\x01\x05\x07\x09\x08\x00,1246464670313
from aa0-000-15.u.powerset.com,60020,1246461673026; 2 of 3
> 2009-07-01 16:11:45,906 [IPC Server handler 8 on 60001] INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.ServerManager:
Received MSG_REPORT_OPEN: TestTable,\x00\x01\x01\x04\x04\x07\x02\x08\x08\x03,1246464670313
from aa0-000-15.u.powerset.com,60020,1246461673026; 3 of 3
> 2009-07-01 16:11:45,906 [HMaster] INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.RegionServerOperation:
TestTable,\x00\x00\x06\x05\x01\x05\x07\x09\x08\x00,1246464670313 open on 208.76.44.142:60020
> 2009-07-01 16:11:45,906 [HMaster] INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.RegionServerOperation:
updating row TestTable,\x00\x00\x06\x05\x01\x05\x07\x09\x08\x00,1246464670313 in region .META.,,1
with startcode 1246461673026 and server 208.76.44.142:60020
> 2009-07-01 16:11:45,908 [HMaster] INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.RegionServerOperation:
TestTable,\x00\x01\x01\x04\x04\x07\x02\x08\x08\x03,1246464670313 open on 208.76.44.142:60020
> 2009-07-01 16:11:45,908 [HMaster] INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.RegionServerOperation:
updating row TestTable,\x00\x01\x01\x04\x04\x07\x02\x08\x08\x03,1246464670313 in region .META.,,1
with startcode 1246461673026 and server 208.76.44.142:60020
> 2009-07-01 17:46:42,670 [IPC Server handler 0 on 60001] INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.ServerManager:
Received MSG_REPORT_SPLIT: TestTable,\x00\x00\x06\x05\x01\x05\x07\x09\x08\x00,1246464670313:
Daughters; TestTable,\x00\x00\x06\x05\x01\x05\x07\x09\x08\x00,1246470379467, TestTable,\x00\x00\x08\x04\x05\x07\x02\x05\x04\x08,1246470379467
from aa0-000-15.u.powerset.com,60020,1246461673026; 5 of 7
> {code}
> Here is over on the regionserver:
> {code}
> 2009-07-01 16:11:42,865 [IPC Server handler 2 on 60001] INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.ServerManager:
Received MSG_REPORT_SPLIT: TestTable,\x00\x00\x06\x05\x01\x05\x07\x09\x08\x00,1246462685358:
Daughters; TestTable,\x00\x00\x06\x05\x01\x05\x07\x09\x08\x00,1246464670313, TestTable,\x00\x01\x01\x04\x04\x07\x02\x08\x08\x03,1246464670313
from aa0-000-15.u.powerset.com,60020,1246461673026; 1 of 3
> 2009-07-01 16:11:42,866 [IPC Server handler 2 on 60001] INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.RegionManager:
Assigning region TestTable,\x00\x00\x06\x05\x01\x05\x07\x09\x08\x00,1246464670313 to aa0-000-15.u.powerset.com,60020,1246461673026
> 2009-07-01 16:11:42,866 [IPC Server handler 2 on 60001] INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.RegionManager:
Assigning region TestTable,\x00\x01\x01\x04\x04\x07\x02\x08\x08\x03,1246464670313 to aa0-000-15.u.powerset.com,60020,1246461673026
> 2009-07-01 16:11:45,905 [IPC Server handler 8 on 60001] INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.ServerManager:
Received MSG_REPORT_PROCESS_OPEN: TestTable,\x00\x01\x01\x04\x04\x07\x02\x08\x08\x03,1246464670313
from aa0-000-15.u.powerset.com,60020,1246461673026; 1 of 3
> 2009-07-01 16:11:45,905 [IPC Server handler 8 on 60001] INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.ServerManager:
Received MSG_REPORT_OPEN: TestTable,\x00\x00\x06\x05\x01\x05\x07\x09\x08\x00,1246464670313
from aa0-000-15.u.powerset.com,60020,1246461673026; 2 of 3
> 2009-07-01 16:11:45,906 [IPC Server handler 8 on 60001] INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.ServerManager:
Received MSG_REPORT_OPEN: TestTable,\x00\x01\x01\x04\x04\x07\x02\x08\x08\x03,1246464670313
from aa0-000-15.u.powerset.com,60020,1246461673026; 3 of 3
> 2009-07-01 16:11:45,906 [HMaster] INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.RegionServerOperation:
TestTable,\x00\x00\x06\x05\x01\x05\x07\x09\x08\x00,1246464670313 open on X.X.X.142:60020
> 2009-07-01 16:11:45,906 [HMaster] INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.RegionServerOperation:
updating row TestTable,\x00\x00\x06\x05\x01\x05\x07\x09\x08\x00,1246464670313 in region .META.,,1
with startcode 1246461673026 and server X.X.X4.142:60020
> 2009-07-01 16:11:45,908 [HMaster] INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.RegionServerOperation:
TestTable,\x00\x01\x01\x04\x04\x07\x02\x08\x08\x03,1246464670313 open on X.X.X.142:60020
> 2009-07-01 16:11:45,908 [HMaster] INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.RegionServerOperation:
updating row TestTable,\x00\x01\x01\x04\x04\x07\x02\x08\x08\x03,1246464670313 in region .META.,,1
with startcode 1246461673026 and server X.X.X.142:60020
> {code}

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message