hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ANN: hbase 0.20.0 Release Candidate 1 available for download
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 21:11:36 GMT
It is not supposed to restart, you will need to use supervisor to
achieve that.

If the ZK session is timed out, then the RS has no idea if the master
has reassigned regions or not.  The RS then FATALS, the master
recovers the log, and all will be well(ish).

The zookeeper daemons also need supervising, since they might FATAL
but can be restarted to continue on later.