hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HConstants.FILE_SYSTEM_VERSION on trunk
Date Sun, 19 Jul 2009 20:04:24 GMT
That's a good question - as far as I know, the on disk format hasnt
changed since KeyValue was introduced. Despite the change of this
constant, there hasnt been any change in the actual on disk format...
.regioninfo aside (which get backfilled anyways if they are missing).

-ryan

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 11:26 AM, Andrew Purtell<apurtell@apache.org> wrote:
> ... went to "7" at one point, but is now back at "6". What happened? Are there any planned
incompatible filesystem changes before this is put back to "7"? To be able to run latest trunk
without losing a week's worth of accumulated data, I have been running with a local patch
which maintains HConstants.FILE_SYSTEM_VERSION at "7".