hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "Yair Even-Zohar" <ya...@audiencescience.com>
Subject RE: hbase 0.20.0 Release Candidate 1 available for download
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 09:00:45 GMT
1) The link is broken. Only the first part is needed:
http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.20.0-candidate-1/
2) I was just looking for the tableIndexed. It seems like the package is
missing. Shouldn't the source be under
src\java\org\apache\hadoop\hbase\client  ?  (at least according to the
api docs )

Thanks
-Yair

-----Original Message-----
From: saint.ack@gmail.com [mailto:saint.ack@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
stack
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2009 3:32 AM
To: hbase-dev@hadoop.apache.org; hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: ANN: hbase 0.20.0 Release Candidate 1 available for download

The first hbase 0.20.0 release candidate is available for download:

http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.20.0-candidate-1/<http://people.
apache.org/%7Estack/hbase-0.19.0-candidate-1/>

More than 400 issues have been addressed.  The release notes are
available
here: http://su.pr/18zcEO <http://tinyurl.com/8xmyx9>.

HBase 0.20.0 runs on Hadoop 0.20.0.  Alot has changed since 0.19.x
including
configuration fundamentals.  Be sure to read the 'Getting Started'
documentation available here:
http://su.pr/211OYP.<http://people.apache.org/%7Estack/hbase-0.19.0-cand
idate-1/>

If you wish to bring your 0.19.x hbase data forward to 0.20.0, you will
need
to run a migration.  See
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/HowToMigrate.
First read the overview and then go to the section, 'From 0.19.x to
0.20.x'.

Should we release this candidate as hbase 0.20.0?  Please vote +1/-1 by
Monday August 3rd.

Yours,
The HBasistas

P.S. 0.20.0 Highlights include:

+ Much improved performance
+ Master is no longer SPOF
+ Rolling restarts -- no need to take down whole cluster updating
config. or
making minor upgrades
+ A new, more comprehensive API (The old API is still present but
deprecated)
+ Improved mapreduce connectors
+ New contrib package with updated Transactional HBase (THBase) and
Indexed
HBase (ITHBase) as well as a new REST gateway called stargate
+ And, as they say on the radio, "much, much more".