hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Herberts <mathias.herbe...@gmail.com>
Subject RetriesExhaustedException
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 16:34:41 GMT
Hi,

I am using the latest HBase trunk on top of hadoop 0.20.0. I have a MR
job that digests records and stores them in a table in HBase.

Hadoop/HBase/ZooKeeper are deployed on a cluster of 5 machines (Linux,
64bits, 16Gb or RAM, 2x1Tb of disk).

After some time, the MR job fails exceptions similar to:

"org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Trying to
contact region server Some server for region ...."

This looks like the problem described in HBASE-1603 except the split
of the region that the job fails to access occurs very close to the
time of the failure.

HBASE-1615 is applied to the version of HBase trunk this problem occurs on.

Anyone else experiencing that?

Mathias.