hbase-dev mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Should we up the zk default time out from default 10 seconds to twenty or so?
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 16:50:16 GMT
During my uploads on small, anemic cluster -- what folks usually run hbase
on -- I am seeing that the ten second timeout happens easily enough.  On a
small cluster, loss of zk lease is pretty catastrophic in terms of region
shuffle especially if lots of data.  In my hair-trigger upload, I have it
set to fail on a hiccup, loss of zk lease will usually mean my upload fails.

On other hand, maybe we should leave it as is so we can make sure we are
good at riding over zk lease expiration?

What you all think?

St.Ack