hbase-dev mailing list archives

From George Porter <George.Por...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: who's doing what for 0.21?
Date Mon, 29 Jun 2009 15:09:57 GMT
I'd be happy to look into bottom up profiling with tracer tags (path-
based metadata field) supported with avro.  I implemented similar
tracing with Thrift by including an optional parameter into each RPC
by default which passed along metadata.  If the receiver didn't
understand it, it would just ignore that parameter, and if the client
didn't support it, then the receiver would just use a default value of
null.  It seems like a similar approach could be taken with Avro, and
I'll check that out this week.

Thanks,
George