hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: interesting informal test results
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2009 12:09:59 GMT
Sorry for being late in the conversation, I was away from the tubes
for some time...

So currently the batching is done by region, not region server. When I
implemented the write buffer, I saw that we can save a lot in the
first few RPCs we cut but then it stays pretty much stable (see the
graph in the jira about that). So grouping by region server would be a
bit more complicated IMO and it wouldn't save much... if not nothing
at all.

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 4:30 AM, Ryan Rawson<ryanobjc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Regionserver...could it be any other way?
> Group commit, aka commit buffer is to achieve maximal write performance.
> On Jun 28, 2009 12:54 AM, "Joey Echeverria"
> <joey42+hbasedev@gmail.com<joey42%2Bhbasedev@gmail.com>>
> wrote:
> When the client does group commits does it group by row key or region
> server?
> On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 12:08 AM, Ryan Rawson<ryanobjc@gmail.com> wrote: > I
> imported 9b rows in 5 ...

View raw message