hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: You guys rocked the house this week!
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 01:28:00 GMT
> Andrew Purtell volunteered long ago to aid with packaging

Yes.

> and has been doing ongoing work to make hbase TRUNK works on hadoop 0.18.3.

Yes. More work today, in fact.

> I know there was some difficulty communicating at first, has this
> been worked out since?

I believe so.

I'll produce RPMs and DEBs for 0.20 release for both generic (top level spec file in HBase
distrib for Hadoop 0.20) and also Cloudera specific packaging (0.18.3 branch).

Beyond this, I haven't heard anything specifically requested. I would expect some integration
with their config wizard would be needed to become part of the official release. I have offered
to support that, as well as make time quarterly for release engineering.

   - Andy