hbase-dev mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: DataNucleus HBase plugin
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 21:43:03 GMT
On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 1:01 AM, Erik Bengtson <erik@jpox.org> wrote:

> I'm a DataNucleus developer (implementation of JDO/JPA/REST APIs).
> Currently, we
> support Google BigTable, and I would like to extend our support for HBase.

Out of interest, how do you add support to a proprietary product?

I've been trying to run HBase 0.19 (using cygwin), but when I run the
> MyClient
> API example, it cannot find anything on port 60000.

For sure its up?  It says so in hbase logs?

HBase in cygwin purportedly works (one of our devs runs its this way).

> I would also like to setup test cases for our plugin, so it would be
> interesting
> if we run hadoop+hbase in embedded mode.

See the unit tests.  See MiniHBaseCluster in particular.  This runs a JVM
hosting an hbase master and N regionservers.  In trunk, we'll also start a
separate JVM to host zookeeper; maybe we should try running this inside the
same minihbase jvm?

If you can't figure it, come back here so we can help you out.

Thanks,
St.Ack