hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject new compaction code
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 10:09:21 GMT
hey guys,

the new compaction code is in:

http://github.com/ryanobjc/hbase/commit/cc2b7faca2cf609dac03ef9bf4cadefdd270ae91

the test passes too!

the new compaction model is one of a full scan over all the files in
question.  if we are doing a 'major' then use the normal scanner, which
prunes all 'delete' entries.  If we are doing a minor, then a different
scanner will return delete records, but prune the puts that were filtered by
them, and of course, return non-filtered puts as well.  The minor doesn't
enforce max version or TTL, and the major compaction does.

making really good progress on 1304 - working scanners, working get, fixed
memcache (with passing test to cover the lingering delete entry we discussed
on irc), compactions.

Next is to get rid of all the old get() and scan() code, replace it with new
code, and fix any potential META problems.

-ryan