hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Holstad <erikhols...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Filter use cases
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 14:34:47 GMT
Looks good!
Some thoughts:
The way I saw the filter working was as a compliment to the regular checks
that are row/(family)/qualifier/TTL.
Since we are parsing the KeyValue in the matcher I thought that we would do
the filter there too, so that after
every regular check we would have the filter check, so we would have a

rowFilter(byte[] buffer, int offset, int length),
familyFilter(byte[] buffer, int offset, int length),
qualifierFilter(byte[] buffer, int offset, int length) and
valueFilter(byte[] buffer, int offset, int length),

to make us early out as soon as possible and don't have to reparse the
KeyValue, since the filter is going to add
a cost by just being there as it is.

Erik