hbase-dev mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: something wrong on trunk possibly
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2009 15:01:40 GMT
On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 11:24 PM, Ryan Rawson <ryanobjc@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm hoping the new key format will help with these things a bit.  One
> solution is a dump/restore of .META. whereby you dump the known keys, then
> delete and reload the table after truncating and deleting all the store
> files.  We don't have tools for that yet iirc...

Add this to the hbfsck issue, I'd say.  Its a good idea.  Remove any
serverstartcode and/or serveraddress that does not have a corresponding
regioninfo entry (or that is on a row that does not have a region on the

maybe hbase-1234 will help fix this problem in a fundamental way?

I don't think so.  1234 will not change how deletes are done though it does
introduce the ability to change how we do deletes because it introduces
notion of key types.