hbase-dev mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: thinking about hbase 0.20
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 06:24:48 GMT
On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 2:41 AM, Ryan Rawson <ryanobjc@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, what will be in hadoop-0.20 to minimize this kind of horrible data
> loss?

In 0.20 timeframe, you will have to enable flush (HADOOP-5332) but as Jim
says, its not going to do much good without HADOOP-4379.   The latter won't
be in in hadoop 0.20.  We'll have to work to make sure it makes it into
HADOOP 0.21.  One recent suggestion was to contribute a patch to HADOOP that
enabled appends in TRUNK -- but we should make sure first that all
objections to append have been put to rest.

Working flush/sync is the most important hbase issue.  Up to this, we've not
been doing a good job staying on top of its progress.

St.Ack