hbase-dev mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: thinking about hbase 0.20
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 07:09:08 GMT
I made HBASE-1215 as issue to cover migration from 0.19.x to 0.20.0.

We have a migration 'system' already.  You run ./bin/hbase migrate. Going
from 0.19.0 to 0.20.0, we'll need to add a mapreduce job that rewrites all
hbase data to new format.  It needs to be MR for those cases where data is
large.

I thought at first that we could do lazy migration but after looking at it,
keeping up two key types in the one context looked too complex.

St.Ack