hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ZK rethink?
Date Sun, 12 Apr 2009 05:21:09 GMT
Yes quantcast is sponsoring (ie: hired him) to work on kfs.  Given hdfs's
disinterest in supporting features that are essential to hbase, we need to
do the right thing and recommend a solution that scales at the small end
(wouldn't it be nice not to mess with "xceiver" [sic] settings?) And the big
end, and to close the write hole?

Obviously kfs isn't for everyone, but we could recommend it to newbies and
potentially put and end to the parade of "I can't run on 3 nodes" newbie
emails.