hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: thinking about hbase 0.20
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 07:13:36 GMT
Thinking about a migration, practically speaking this would be doable:

- Flush and compact everything.  Get rid of reference files from region
splits.
- Take each mapfile (ignore the index files), read the file in, write an
equivalent hfile out.
- Done!

This can't be done while the cluster is online however.

Any other suggestions?