hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Holstad <erikhols...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: thinking about hbase 0.20
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 00:09:21 GMT
If splitting up HBASE-1249 in it's smaller parts  and starting with
HBASE-1304 which is the client-server changes I don't think it is going to
be too long before
I have tested the basic setup and have that under control, after that I need
to add some extra caller methods but the infrastructure will stay the same,
so it is not going to take too much time.
Going to HBASE-880 which is a pretty big issue itself can be done pretty
quickly once we have reached an agreement on how it will look, the coding
itself is
as far as I can tell pretty strait forward.

I would really like to see this as a part of 0.20 and we are doing
everything we can to make that happen.
I think that is would be nice to have a meeting so we can discuss and talk
about these big changes, I will gladely make a 30 minute talk or something
to explain what has been done and the reasoning around those changes.
So the way I see it, from our point of view, we can probably get 0.20 out
the door a week after that meeting, so maybe a week and a half after Stack
gets back.

Regards Erik