hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ZK rethink?
Date Sun, 12 Apr 2009 04:53:42 GMT

I have heard that Quantcast is running a 700 node KFS
cluster and is sponsoring Sriram Rao as a full time
employee now.

I'm also looking at GlusterFS. GlusterFS is interesting
in that it is completely decentralized. The clients
determine how the data is stored on the network. I'm
investigating how one might distribute configs (and
updates, when bricks are added or decommissioned) in
ZK. I have a small cluster up and running and it works
well enough to support Hadoop/mapreduce and HBase on
top of it. Performance and reliability seem better
than HDFS, but this is not quantified yet.

   - Andy