hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ZK rethink?
Date Sun, 12 Apr 2009 19:44:45 GMT

I ran an initial test of HBase on top of KFS -- using the
Hadoop FS abstraction layer, which is the only current
integration option -- and ran into some trouble under load.
I tested with kfs-0.2.3 on 0.19.1 plus the patch for
HADOOP-5292. It may have just been a function of the scale
of the deployment (all localhost :-) ) but the chunkserver
after a time began to expand its address space by gigs,
beyond 40 GB of address space in one instance before I
killed it. I may play around with it again on a testbed of
several nodes at some point.

   - Andy