hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "Jim Kellerman (POWERSET)" <Jim.Keller...@microsoft.com>
Subject How, when, where does a master that is starting up get on-line region servers?
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 18:38:12 GMT
Nitay, J-D, or anyone else who knows:

When a master is starting up:
- How does it discover what region servers are running? (and does
  it get the region server's start code at this point too?)
- Can you point me to the code where this happens?
- At what point during the master's start-up process does this occur?

I need this information to create a patch for HBASE-698, which
was blocked by ZK integration, but it seems like there is enough
there at this point (or will be after HBASE-1302) so that this issue
can finally be addressed.

Thanks!

---
Jim Kellerman, Powerset (Live Search, Microsoft Corporation)