hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "Ding, Hui" <hui.d...@sap.com>
Subject What method removes a region from Meta table?
Date Sat, 10 Jan 2009 01:41:45 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to understand some internals of Hbase, e.g., how a region
gets deleted.
Looking at the code, my understanding is that this is done via a
TableDelete which calls the Hregion.RemoveRegionFromMETA method
Where srvr is a proxy for HRegionInterface.
However, when I track down by adding some debug information, I found
that neither HRegionServer.deleteAll() is called nor Hregion.deleteAll()
Is called (since my debug message won't print).  Then how is the remove
actually get done?
I think I am missing something but can someone please help me?!!

Thanks a lot!