hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject HBase 0.19
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2008 22:26:25 GMT
It occurred to me today that Hadoop 0.19 has been out since November 13.

IMHO, HBase trunk has made great strides recently, especially with
Stack's work on finding and fixing BAOS related heap wastage, which
brings heap usage down on my cluster 40-60%; and Jim's work on fixing
state races in HMaster. There are many open issues but some big
ticket items have been retired the past few weeks. The only blockers
open for 0.19 I see are 1050 and 1099. I think 1050 can be pushed to
0.20.0, but I could take a look at it (and will read up on the
relevant code on the road today).

There's a pile of work waiting for 0.20.0 that I am aware of,
including ZK integration, DFSClient stability improvements,
bloomfilter fixes (HBase-local now that MapFile and SequenceFile are
local), and C/C++ client API and language neutral IPC.

I wonder if it would be possible to pull together a RC for HBase 0.19
in the first week of Jan 2009?

  - Andy