hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "Tom Nichols" <tmnich...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSON support for HBaseRest
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 23:48:23 GMT
I agree that you wouldn't want to replace one completely with the
other, but allow for multiple content encodings.  We're also
interested in CSV (at least as a retrieval format).  The current REST
classes would need to be refactored in order to separate the content
parsing & generation from the actual request and response handling.  A
simple switch statement based on the content-type (for request) and
accept header (for response) should be enough; a delegating chain of
command type of pattern could be slightly more flexible in terms of
adding new content encodings, but it would probably be overkill.