hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruce Williams" <williams.br...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bloom filters
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2008 07:43:08 GMT
My understanding, which may be faulty, is the option works until a
column is modified and then it fails in a difficult-to-fix manner. The
jira hints that the issue could impact how clients, such as ZooKeeper,
function as well as HBase.

If this is true, then rather than a "default on" in the next rev,
encouraging a development/production distinction in practice may be
more productive? Would clear documentation on how to get the
considerable performance improvements in production systems  be the
best short-term solution?

I will continue to dig, but coming up to speed on the HBase
implementation will take my time short term, can someone comment on
the "client issues"?

Bruce Williams

--

"Discovering...discovering...we will never cease discovering...
and the end of all our discovering will be