hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "Dai Tan" <dye...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why "Integer Counters" function is emphasized in BigTable ?
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 05:42:41 GMT
Not yet. Can you give me something about the algorithm?

You mean the counting requirements in Google applications is huge so
"Integer Counter" function is necessary for BigTable? And "V^T on the google
personalization web page rank algorithm" is a good example?

I know the "Integer Counter" function is convenient as the add or decrease
operation would be atomic. I wonder is there any other benefit of it?

--
Best Regards.