hbase-dev mailing list archives

From sishen <yedingd...@gmail.com>
Subject [ANN] A ruby client for HBase
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2008 18:54:46 GMT

I'm developing a ruby client for hbase this weekend.  It's not completed but
I wants to show some of my efforts to your guys.

The client is using the REST interface to interact with the hbase.  Now the
supported api are :  list_tables,  show_table, create_row, show_row,
delete_row. Just some basic operation.

I think the REST interface is also not completed such as the
creation/deletion of table, the scanner, etc. I wish to make the client as
power as the hbase shell. I know it needs much
integration effort but i hope i can help.

For anybody who like this project, visit
http://github.com/sishen/hbase-ruby/tree/master for codes. And also, the
public clone url is git://github.com/sishen/hbase-ruby.git .
I hope i can get the feedbacks from you, thanks, :)

Best regards.