hbase-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Izaak Rubin (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (HBASE-679) Regionserver addresses are still not right in the new tables page
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 18:49:32 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-679?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Izaak Rubin updated HBASE-679:
------------------------------

    Attachment: ms_revised.patch

These are my observations on the issue:

I can't replicate what the issue is describing.  When I start up HBase and add a large table,
everything on table.jsp appears correct.  It's hard to say if there really isn't any problem
with the regionserver addresses though, since when I run HBase I'm only using one regionserver.
 

There are other problems though.  If I restart HBase, table.jsp won't load at all (error code
500).  The rest of the UI and the regionserver info it shows is fine.

Even worse, if I apply ms.patch, the UI stops working completely.  If I go to the master page
(master.jsp), I get an error code 500.  

I don't think we want to use ms.patch, but just in case I've updated it (ms_revised.patch)
to align with the current hbase-trunk (since the patch was made about 6 weeks ago).  

So my conclusions would be: something is clearly wrong with table.jsp, although not the same
problem that prompted this issue.  If people would like, I'll go in and try to fix this new
problem.

> Regionserver addresses are still not right in the new tables page
> -----------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HBASE-679
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-679
>             Project: Hadoop HBase
>          Issue Type: Bug
>            Reporter: stack
>            Assignee: Izaak Rubin
>         Attachments: ms.patch, ms_revised.patch
>
>
> They are mostly right.
> I'm guessing its stale cache of regions in the client hosted by the UI.  If the webserver
ran a scan, it'd probably fix it all up but thats a bit messy.  I tried using the address
that is in the .META. table directly but that doesn't work.... we don't seem to deploy table
properly and UI complains "No server address for row TestTable,,1213074650399".  I'll attach
my patch.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message