hbase-dev mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject hbase-0.1.3 release candidate 4 [WAS -> Re: hbase-0.1.3 release candidate 4 [WAS -> Re: hbase-0.1.3 release candidate 3 [WAS -> Re: hbase-0.1.3 release candidate 2]]]
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:08:44 GMT
Release candidate 4 was voted down because HBASE-613 needed more
attention and because we weren't splitting under loads if a schema with
many families: HBASE-707.  We also found a deadlock, HBASE-709 and
another area in which we were susceptible to (very) bad clock skew:
HBASE-710.  All these issues have been fixed in the new candidate.

Release candidate 5 is available for download here:

http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.1.3-candidate-5/

Please try it out and let us know if any issues.

Known issues: HBASE-713 Onlining/Offlining of tables is not reliable on
biggish tables (hundreds of regions).

Lets make the voting period short, tomorrow, Friday, June 26th.

The HBase Team