hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "Jim R. Wilson" <wilson.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject [hbase-dev] Thrift socket timeout when mutating a non-existent column family
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 15:29:49 GMT
Hi all,

I ran into a strange edge-case today.  Instead of mutating a column
"foo:bar", I accidentally only specified the qualifier "bar" in one of
my mutations for a mutateRowTs() thrift call.

The effect was that thrift just hangs, and I eventually get a
TException due to socket timeout.  I would have expected to get a more
hbasey exception along the lines of "Column family 'bar' does not
exist for table X".

I'm still on 0.1.0, haven't upgraded to 0.1.1 yet, in case this is
already a known and solved issue.

-- Jim R. Wilson (jimbojw)