hbase-dev mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: StackOverFlow Error in HBase
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 18:20:59 GMT
I've seen TNFE when a region in the middle of an online table is
offline.  Shouldn't ever happen but....

What I've seen is in the shell, you can do 'show tables;' and it will
list all tables including the one reporting TNFE.

You then attempt a get or a scan against the table and you get the TNFE
exception.

Is this what you are seeing?

Try doing a 'select info:regioninfo from .META.;'  Look for a region
marked offline.  Might be easier if you run the query like this: % echo
'select info:regioninfo from .META.;' | ./bin/hbase --html &>
/tmp/query.out ... because then you can grep around in the
/tmp/query.out file.. or just send it to us off-list and we'll take a look.

For sure this is 0.1.0?

Thanks,
St.Ack