hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>
Subject Re: Renaming the table.
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 15:26:44 GMT
We'd need to add a new table operation for renaming a table
internally. The ugly part is that we'd have to rewrite every row for
the table in META to do this.

The SQL way to do this would be "ALTER TABLE table RENAME new name".
However, that's a bit verbose, so I think "RENAME table TO new_table"
would be fine.

-Bryan