hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>
Subject Re: Renaming the table.
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 00:21:43 GMT
I'm not sure I understand. Do you mean you'd maintain a mapping
between the old, actual table name and the new, logical table name? I
don't really like that idea. It sounds like it would add a ton of
failure cases and complexity to the system. We need tables to stay in
a really consistent state so that we can have as much data
reliability as possible.

-Bryan