hbase-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jim Kellerman (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (HBASE-27) [hbase] hregioninfo cell empty in meta table
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 18:06:46 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-27?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Jim Kellerman updated HBASE-27:
-------------------------------

    Attachment: patch.txt

Summary of changes:

HMaster:
- When a row has an empty HRegionInfo (info:regioninfo), log it with the row name and and
the other keys still in the row.

- Log the number of rows with empty HRegionInfo

- Delete the rows

- Make RowMap inner class static, change methods to have package scope to avoid synthetic
accessors.

- Provide row name to getHRegionInfo so it can issue better log messages

- add method deleteEmptyMetaRows to remove rows with empty HRegionInfo

HRegion

- change removeRegionFromMETA to use deleteAll rather than using a BatchUpdate containing
deletes for each cell.

TestEmptyMetaInfo

- new test case

Sample of new log messages:
{code}
    [junit] 2008-03-11 11:00:34,078 INFO  [HMaster.metaScanner] hbase.HMaster$BaseScanner(211):
HMaster.metaScanner scanning meta region {regionname: .META.,,1, startKey: <>, server:
10.69.80.2:3204}
    [junit] 2008-03-11 11:00:34,093 WARN  [HMaster.metaScanner] hbase.HMaster(3231): info:regioninfo
is empty for row: tablename,1,1205258426000; has keys: [info:server]
    [junit] 2008-03-11 11:00:34,093 WARN  [HMaster.metaScanner] hbase.HMaster(3231): info:regioninfo
is empty for row: tablename,1205258426000; has keys: [info:server]
    [junit] 2008-03-11 11:00:34,093 WARN  [HMaster.metaScanner] hbase.HMaster(3231): info:regioninfo
is empty for row: tablename,2,1205258426000; has keys: [info:server]
    [junit] 2008-03-11 11:00:34,093 WARN  [HMaster.metaScanner] hbase.HMaster(3231): info:regioninfo
is empty for row: tablename,3,1205258426000; has keys: [info:server]
    [junit] 2008-03-11 11:00:34,093 WARN  [HMaster.metaScanner] hbase.HMaster(3231): info:regioninfo
is empty for row: tablename,4,1205258426000; has keys: [info:server]
    [junit] 2008-03-11 11:00:34,093 WARN  [HMaster.metaScanner] hbase.HMaster$BaseScanner(288):
Found 5 rows with empty HRegionInfo while scanning meta region .META.,,1
    [junit] 2008-03-11 11:00:34,093 WARN  [HMaster.metaScanner] hbase.HMaster(3252): Removed
region: tablename,1,1205258426000 from meta region: .META.,,1 because HRegionInfo was empty
    [junit] 2008-03-11 11:00:34,093 WARN  [HMaster.metaScanner] hbase.HMaster(3252): Removed
region: tablename,1205258426000 from meta region: .META.,,1 because HRegionInfo was empty
    [junit] 2008-03-11 11:00:34,109 WARN  [HMaster.metaScanner] hbase.HMaster(3252): Removed
region: tablename,2,1205258426000 from meta region: .META.,,1 because HRegionInfo was empty
    [junit] 2008-03-11 11:00:34,109 WARN  [HMaster.metaScanner] hbase.HMaster(3252): Removed
region: tablename,3,1205258426000 from meta region: .META.,,1 because HRegionInfo was empty
    [junit] 2008-03-11 11:00:34,109 WARN  [HMaster.metaScanner] hbase.HMaster(3252): Removed
region: tablename,4,1205258426000 from meta region: .META.,,1 because HRegionInfo was empty
    [junit] 2008-03-11 11:00:34,109 INFO  [HMaster.metaScanner] hbase.HMaster$BaseScanner(303):
HMaster.metaScanner scan of meta region {regionname: .META.,,1, startKey: <>, server:
10.69.80.2:3204} complete
{code}


> [hbase] hregioninfo cell empty in meta table
> --------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HBASE-27
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-27
>             Project: Hadoop HBase
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: master
>    Affects Versions: 0.1.0
>            Reporter: stack
>            Assignee: Jim Kellerman
>            Priority: Blocker
>             Fix For: 0.1.0
>
>         Attachments: patch.txt, patch.txt
>
>
> When we notice one of these, instead of reporting on it over and over -- see below --
lets just axe the whole row.   Its never going to get better on its own.  We should also figure
how these horked rows get manufactured.  Below is about split cells but also instances where
servercode and servername are all thats left in a row.
> {code}
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,761 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitA, info:splitB]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,761 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitA]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,762 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitA]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,762 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitA]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,762 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitA]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,763 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitB]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,763 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitA, info:splitB]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,763 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitA, info:splitB]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,764 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitA]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,764 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitA, info:splitB]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,764 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitB]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,765 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitA]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,765 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitA]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,765 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitA]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,766 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitA, info:splitB]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,766 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitA, info:splitB]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,766 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitB]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,767 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitA, info:splitB]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,767 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitB]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,767 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitA, info:splitB]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,768 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitB]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,768 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitB]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,768 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitA, info:splitB]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,769 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitA, info:splitB]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,769 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitA]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,769 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitA, info:splitB]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,770 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitA, info:splitB]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,770 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitA]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,771 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitA, info:splitB]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,771 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitB]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,771 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitA, info:splitB]
> 2008-01-24 02:01:02,772 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster:
> info:regioninfo is empty; has keys: [info:splitA]
> {code}

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message