hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>
Subject Re: test suite
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 00:45:46 GMT
I would add that we have an issue open for speeding up the test
suite, HBASE-410. Probably the most promising idea for speeding up
the test suite is converting some of the tests that don't need to be
integration tests into something more like true unit tests, or specs
for that matter. Mock objects used to test hyper-focused bits of the
system would be absolutely ideal, and has the advantage of being
quite fast.

If you wanted to make some early contributions, anything in this area
would be a FANTASTIC place to put them.

-Bryan