hbase-dev mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: test suite
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 04:24:15 GMT
Stefan Groschupf wrote:
> Is there an hudson that build hbase?
> Hudson should run the integration test suite with mini cluster and dfs
> where ant test for the user should only run local fs and local map
> reduce jobrunner.
Yeah.  We have our own little zone on hudson:
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/HBase-Patch/.  Needs some
work.   Currently just runs a build on checkin.   Would like to add the
patch testing that happens in hadoop core.

Starting dfs cluster from ant script is a little awkward.

MiniDFSCluster is nice because it chooses unoccupied ports; important on
a populated build box.  Would need to then pass the chosen dfs port then
to tests and mini dfs would have to be in current process if mindfs so
can shut it down when done.  I tried running in ant context as distinct
task and as wrapper around junit task but ran into class loading issues.

Could call out to a script that starts minidfs but need to do a little
dev so can send it a shutdown when done.  Was not enthusiastic since
replicating the 'real' dfs start/stop scripts.  Alternative would be to
start a 'real' dfs using fixed ports.  This would involve ant exec'ing.
Would need to deal with *nix and windows paths to make sure it worked on
both.  If I'm not mistaken, even 'local' mode requires ssh'ing to start
datanodes even if on localhost.

Maybe the best thing would be to just punt on trying to have the
start/stop of the dfs be run from ant and just do it as part of the
build scripts we run up on the hudson build box?

View raw message