hbase-dev mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: test suite
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 00:28:20 GMT
Stefan Groschupf wrote:
> Hi there,
> I checked out latest svn and did run the test.
>
> The test suite failed at TestTable, are there known problems today?

Supposed to work.  Usually does.  New hadoop was checked in last night.
That might have been responsible.  Breaks everytime?  If so, open JIRA.

> Also the test suite took 24 min to run on my little poor box - is
> there any way to speed this up?

Yeah.  Its a real prob.  Test suite starts up little mini dfs's and mini
hbase clusters and sometimes mini mr clusters.  I've spent time on
figuring how to do weird things like start the dfs cluster inside of an
ant task but ran into classloading issues (joy).  Needs to be fixed.

(Our 'unit tests' are more like 'integration tests' -- one approache
would be to call them so and move them out of the unit test suite).

St.Ack