hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "Mafish Liu" <maf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [hbase]How to distribute tables in hbase?
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 07:44:15 GMT
Hi, Stack:
  I'm recently back from my three-weeks vocation and almost missed all the
news about hadoop/hbase for the last 20 days. Now, we can continue our
discussion here.
  I'm desinging a system to manage vector data (a type of gis data) with
All vector data will be divided to several regions according quad-tree
The main purpose of this design is to distribute computation instead of
since vector data management is a computing-intensive task. So, I need to
get a
clear view on the map of data to node. Thus, I can send computing request to
nodes to make computation locally.
  I'll start to write the HOWTO these two days, titled "Getting start with
hbase-based program."

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 2:51 PM, stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:

> Hey Mafish:
> There is no such provision in hbase at the moment.  Tables are
> distributed across the hbase cluster as it sees fit (We'd be interested
> in hearing more about why you need this facility).
> Regards helping us out w/ a HOWTO, that'd be great.  Here's what we have
> at the moment: http://hadoop.apache.org/hbase/docs/current/. Also, hbase
> recently got its own mailing lists. You'll get a more prompt response if
> you move your questions/comments there.  See
> http://hadoop.apache.org/hbase/mailing_lists.html.
> Thanks,
> St.Ack
Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing.