hawq-user mailing list archives

From chang.lei...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Questions for HAWQ dev community: Pluggable storage formats and files systems vs. PXF
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2017 22:26:32 GMT

		agree, we should keep the move smooth.
ThanksLei

		CheersLei

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 10:43 PM +0800, "Michael Pearce" <Michael.Pearce@ig.com> wrote:

I think that before we discuss the off-shooting of PXF, that needs to be the case, and also
a period of adoption to move as some companies may have custom PXF plugins working with HAWQ.

On 05/12/2017, 14:10, "chang.lei.cn@gmail.com"  wrote:

    		Mike,  the new framework will include all the plugins for external data.
    ThanksLei

    		CheersLei

    On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 5:30 PM +0800, "Michael Pearce"  wrote:

    Lei,

    I would disagree. The Jira / feature doesn’t cater for integration with other Hadoop
components or other sources such as HBase etc, it simply seems to cover storage of internal
data.

    As such I wouldn’t like to see a component maintained in apache for Apache Hawq, moved
out of Apache ownership and governance.

    It should remain whilst still core to HAWQ in this ASF project.

    Regards
    Mike