hawq-user mailing list archives

From Grant Krieger <GKrie...@mrpg.com>
Subject Hawq temp Spill files
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2017 08:02:56 GMT
Hi All,

Recently I noticed a huge about of non dfs space taken up. On investigating it appears it’s
the Hawq temp spill files which are taking up the space. In particular 1 file

/grid/0/hawq/data/hawq/tmp/segment/pgsql_tmp/workfile_set_Sort_Slice2.XXXX57PNmW/spillfile_f2

This file takes up  0.5TB on each drive and on each segment. I have not limited the spill
files at all nor set zlib compression. I have gone with the default. Has anyone tried any
of these settings?

Are there any recommendations for cleaning these temp files up I am battling to find anything
on the internet other than moving the location or setting the limit. I understand there might
be a performance impact but I have a feeling adhoc analysis might have caused this

Many thanks

Grant

T:
E:
W:  http://www.mrpricegroup.com

The information contained in this communication from @|from|email|@ is confidential and may
be legally privileged. This email  is intended solely for use by the addressee and others
authorized to receive it, and should not be read if delivered in error. If you are not the
addressee you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken
or omitted  in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful. Please notify the sender immediately if the e-mail has unintentionally reached
you. The email legal notice that governs the transmission of this electronic communication
is available online at Mr Price Group Limited (http://www.mrpricegroup.com/LegalNotice.aspx).
If you cannot access the legal notice, kindly  contact us on  +27 800 21 2535 and a copy will
be provided to you.
Mr Price Group is an Authorised Financial Services and Credit Provider: FSP31450 and NCRCP46.