hawq-user mailing list archives

From Grant Krieger <GKrie...@mrpg.com>
Subject Lock is retained on a table
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2017 12:18:53 GMT
Hi ,

I have come across a funny in hawq 2.2.0.0. If we do a long running simple select only query
on a table and we illegally terminate the client session (Just close the query tool window
without cancelling) an exclusive lock is held on the underlying table until a server restart
is done.
This is even when the query has completed on the server.
The terminate backend or Linux kill has no effect

Any ideas?

Thanks

Grant Krieger

T:
E:
W:  http://www.mrpricegroup.com

The information contained in this communication from @|from|email|@ is confidential and may
be legally privileged. This email  is intended solely for use by the addressee and others
authorized to receive it, and should not be read if delivered in error. If you are not the
addressee you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken
or omitted  in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful. Please notify the sender immediately if the e-mail has unintentionally reached
you. The email legal notice that governs the transmission of this electronic communication
is available online at Mr Price Group Limited (http://www.mrpricegroup.com/LegalNotice.aspx).
If you cannot access the legal notice, kindly  contact us on  +27 800 21 2535 and a copy will
be provided to you.
Mr Price Group is an Authorised Financial Services and Credit Provider: FSP31450 and NCRCP46.