hawq-user mailing list archives

From Frans van D <dortm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Impala vs Greenplum
Date Wed, 03 May 2017 07:48:06 GMT
And instead of focussing on benchmarks, I would focus on things that regular users face, like
bad count distinct performance (load ending up on one node)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

> Op 3 mei 2017 om 03:17 heeft Lei Chang <chang.lei.cn@gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:
>

> I remember there is a benchmark several months ago (not public) comparing hawq and other
sql-on-hadoop engines on tpcds benchmark, hawq is much faster. Different vendors might have
different benchmark results since different tuning are made on different engines. And there
were a lot of discussions around how to improve HAWQ executor before hawq was open sourced
including vectorization, codegen, new hardware et al.

> @Michael, I also think it is a good time to discuss how to build a new HAWQ executor
with various new optimizations. This may potentially improve the query performance a lot.

> I have started a JIRA on this topic (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1450).
Hope that we can have a design and start working on this soon.

> Thanks
> Lei
>

>> On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 6:03 AM, Michael André Pearce <michael.andre.pearce@me.com>
wrote:
>> Indeed the intent was very much less so for the mine is bigger than yours.
>>
>> But more was to challenge the question of is the result actual, and if so, is there
ideas or improvements that could be learnt from the approaches impala have taken, that could
be used in hawq?