hawq-user mailing list archives

From Jim Campbell <jacampb...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Query on Data Extraction from HAWQ
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2017 13:47:11 GMT
Do you want the flat file placed on HDFS, or do you want it on another file
system?

In both cases you can use writeable external tables.  The documentation
provides examples of doing this multiple ways. Once you create an external
table, you do an insert-select to place the data into the external table.
If you want the file on HDFS, you will use one of the PXF options.  On
another file system, you could use gpfdist.

Of course, you can always use the command line tool psql and select the
data into a file.

James Campbell
Data Engineer
Pivotal Software